The class started with the professor letting us know that he noticed we were extra talkative today than usual. I think it could be a mix of knowing we have two weeks left of the quarter as well as feeling good about the day or something. Then the professor had us move the tables back and sit in a large circle. He then had a block in his hand and had us play a game. The game was much like Telephone but on crack. So, the professor started off and turned to one of the female classmates sitting next to him and said this is a what. Then she had to say A what?. Then the professor stated A What. Then she said Oh a what. Then she turned to the girl next to her and started the whole process again, but then it made its way back to the professor who then reassured the question that it was a what and so on. To be honest, I couldn't get into the rhythm of the game, only because I couldn't tell what statement came up next. When the turn got to me, Hector said this is a what. I then blanked out and didn't have an answer. Some of the class laughed as I did too. I remember telling Margarita and Hector who were sitting next to me that I was sure I was going to mess up and I did. Haha. Finally after several tries and other hiccups by other classmates, we managed to make it all the way around the circle and ended with the professor who started it. It was a great accomplishment. Then, the professor had another challenge for us and he added a second object to the game which was a type of keychain and that was labeled as who. So it was the same premise as the what, but this time both the what and the who would be going through the circle at different parts and the climax would be when both objects met at the same point in the circle. Boy, was it tough. I believe we went through 4 rounds before the professor ended it and we had to move on. It was a really challenging game to play but it was very amusing and enjoyable. If ever I am at a family function, I am going to suggest a game like this for sure.
After the game, we watched a lengthy video on a talk by Sir Ken Robertson. It was very interesting and way more informative than the actual lecture I went to featuring John Coy. In the video, Robertson talked about how the education system in the U.S. is today and how it relates to people. I think it was very interesting, and I have to agree that with so many people obtaining degrees now than in the past, they are going to depreciate in value if not already. So then, it makes you think, if a bachelor's degree is equivalent to a high school diploma 10 years ago, does this mean we are going to need a masters degree to one up the competition? It is bound to happen. If everyone has bachelor degrees, then the next way to weed out potential candidates is to choose those with a masters degree. I am so thankful I am not kid going through elementary right now, they are going to be in for a rough ride as will all of those that aren't in college now. But there is some hope to all this madness. Robertson said the three most important things to have other than a degree is the ability to work well with others, to have great communication skills, and to think differently than others. So as long as you have these three things, you should be good to go... Hopefully.
2 more class meetings then the final! Woo! :)
Telephone on crack? That made me laugh, thanks.
ReplyDeleteI knew I'd screw it up too,I was sooo lucky I didn't get the two objects at the same time.
Telephone on crack! That's a good way to describe it LOL!
ReplyDeleteHaha. I know, I thought it was funny too. It was lots of fun though to play It in class. Hope you all are having a great weekend. :)
ReplyDelete