Week 5 of the spring quarter here at CSULA kicked off today with my Concept Development class. Just want to rewind real quick and say that when i was driving on my way to school, there was a cupcake on the lane that was for the freeway entrance. Guess who ran it over? Of course it was me. And who ever decided on making the icing bright blue, thank you very much. When I parked my car in the parking lot, there was blue frosting all over the left side tires. Hilarious way to start the day. Anyway, so when I arrived in the classroom, I took my seat and chatted with a couple classmates that I know. Then after the class started the professor had us switch our chairs to the other side of the table. It was so funny. Then the professor was explaining the next class meeting for wednesday and how its going to be "game day". He said that we will all need to bring some sort of game, like a board game or card game. Since I gave away all my board games to the needy several years ago, I regret not keeping one for this purpose. But then again, no one ever told me that i was going to need a board game for a class related assignment while attending Cal State LA. Its ok. Nothing a quick trip to Target can't fix. Then the professor went up to the chalkboard and had us list all types of games. When the professor called on me, I said Memory. I think its a Virgo thing, being that they are all about having amazing memory and that game was one of my favorites a young kid.
After listing the games, the professor asked us what the themes were behind these games. What were some of the themes associated with playing these particular games? Not sure what themes I could clearly pinpoint from playing Connect Four but very interesting questions nevertheless. After this, the professor had us lay out our homework on the tables which was to find 7 images for the 7 Deadly Sins. As a class, we went through each collection of images and stated what sin we thought each images was. Any duplicates were immediately discarded from the collection. When we got to mine, the professor asked me which image represented which sin and it wasn't until we got to the last image that I realized that I forgot to omit one, so instead of having 7 images, I had 8. Thats why it didn't relate to any sin but because it was on the table, it looked like it was part of my collection. Confusing, I know...
After we went through the images, we all took our seats and he was talking more about the games and how we will be playing them on Wednesday in groups. It will be a fun class session for sure. Cant wait.
It was one of the more easy going class sessions for sure. It's funny you mention memory being a Virgo thing. I'm a Virgo, always proud of it too lol, but I have the most absolute horrendous memory. I get made fun of at home and by friends because my memory is about five decades ahead of my age. I guess I'm not a very good Virgo =[
ReplyDeleteHi Margarita! :) I agree. Yay for being a Virgo. Its ok, not all Virgo's have to have great memory. Haha. It was a very laid back class session for sure. Are you into reading daily horoscopes and stuff? Part of being Virgo's is we analyze EVERYTHING and everyone. Haha. Like in the TED video, Its in our nature. :)
ReplyDelete